As part of R&K’s initial trip to Myanmar, photos from a visit to the Bethlehem Baptist Church in Myitkyina, home to dozens of refugees fleeing the fighting between Kachin rebels and the central Myanmar government.
A Mission in Myitkyina: Baptist Refugee Reliefby Nathan Thornburgh
- The church, funded largely from overseas contributions, has been taking in refugees from the war
- In the multifamily woven longrooms, clothes hang to dry
- This couple was forced to flee from their village at the height of the planting season
- A large number of the IDPs are children
- Food is communal, water is provided by private and government funds
- This woman and her mother say they don't know when they're going home