Digital Producer, New York
Roads & Kingdoms is looking to hire a digital producer to work on its award-winning site Explore Parts Unknown, the digital home for our partner Anthony Bourdain’s show on CNN.
The ideal candidate has at least 1-2 years of experience working as a web producer or social media producer at an online publication. She/he is a self-starter who is comfortable working in a small team and can solve problems creatively. The position requires working closely with the editors of the two websites as well as far-flung freelance writers and photographers. She/he must have knowledge of the latest social media trends and a passion for growing audience across social networks by using conversational, credible voice to engage them in our stories.
The position is based in our Brooklyn office.
– Producing articles for EPU
– Writing headlines and summaries for articles and recipes
– Building and leading conversations on social platforms around the stories we publish
– Helping grow the audience by engaging readers across our social platforms
– Contributing ideas for stories and occasionally writing them
– Attending weekly pitch meetings
– Proficient in WordPress, Photoshop, and web production tasks
– Experience using content management systems
– Ability to write engaging headlines and blurbs for articles and recipes
– Can work under deadline and take on tasks within short notice
– Familiarity with video-editing software, preferably Adobe Premiere
– An eye for engaging, appropriate visuals to go with the articles
– A demonstrated understanding of and passion for social media to build audience through social platforms
– Knowledgeable about internet publishing and metrics, including a basic understanding of SEO
– Curious and self-motivated to learn on the job and collaborate with others
– Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years experience working in an online publication
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Producer.”